Friday, 18 March 2011

RSS feeds

This week I investigated RSS feeds which is 'really simple sydication'  just one of a few names for it. I sent up an account with Google reader and found it a very easy and quick process and set the account up in no time. I think it’s a very nifty idea that you can access all the updates latest news or posts to your favourite websites and blogs all in one place.

The video RSS in plain English explains it very simply and clearly and offers a very good explanation  especially for someone who doesn’t how it works and not sure what it is all about. It was very helpful to me not knowing how RSS worked previously as I am completely new to this concept.

Now that I have discovered RSS it is something I would definitely like to use and would save me a lot of time. I had some problems locating the RSS feed symbol on some sites. I was hoping to feed my local council library site which is Whitehorse Manningham regional libraries to the Google reader but wasn’t able to find a feed. I wanted  to find  a solution to this problem so I decided to look at some videos on you tube and found a video tutorial called What is RSS? It explained in a bit more detail how to use RSS and how to add subscriptions and also how to find the feed symbols on certain sites which I had trouble doing with my local library site, so now my problem is solved. It is very helpful so check it out below!



No comments:

Post a Comment